View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 22, 2003, 10:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ronald
Mike,

I did not really want to give the guy's name but it was Chick Montrose. The play occured in girl's fastpitch. He's listed as the UIC for GWASA and a Deputy UIC with DCASA.

I have worked with Judy out of Northern Virginia but not the others. She was the first person to ever evaluate me correcting some deficiencies and teaching me to use the slot and track the ball with the nose. She's really good and steps up for the umpires. She pushed for and got the powers to be to give umpires who had never worked high school playoffs the chance last year. Of course, those that did so earned the privilege. Since you are both ISF qualified, I imagine you have worked together.

Thanks for the spelling on Bob's name.
Yes, I know Chick. He, too, was in OKC with us. Great guy and fantastic instructor. I've only worked with Ron Galemore, locally in DE (Ron and Jack Mowatt came up to work some games) and at the Men's Interservice Championships last year. I know Judy from different meetings and clinics, Regional and National. And, obviously, Bob Savoie is my boss.

I guess the designation of UIC is semantical. In Delaware, the label of UIC and DUIC are reserved for the State/Metro level. The instructors and persons responsible for interpretations at the local association level are referred to as Rules Interpreters. However, many of those folks are usually very capable of doing the job of a UIC/DUIC if necessary.

Not to be picky, Judy and I are both certified, but her's is in FP while mine is SP.