View Single Post
Old Sun May 22, 2011, 09:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
I will try to explain this again. And I know that some of you are basing your reactions to the WOA based only on what you have read or seen in the media. The problem with that is that the PNFOA has a board member who is married to one of the Seattle area newscast people, and so the original story was slanted to their side - oh, the big bad WOA won't let us wear pink whistles and donate our money. Not true at all...the WOA has specific procedures in place to apply for exemptions to certain rules - the uniform rule being one of them. My basketball association applied for, and was granted, an exemption two seasons ago. It's not hard to do...but the PNFOA guys did not follow the proper procedure and so were told not to wear the pink whistles. No one ever told them they could not donate their money. They told the WOA that the WOA had no jurisdiction over them and they would do whatever they wanted. It is NOT the first time they have acted this way...so the WOA Executive Board - not Todd Stordahl - decided to administer the consequence that the PNFOA was warned could be applied prior to the game in question.

So you guys in Texas and the East Shire and wherever else - you keep on reading your internet news stories and jumping all over the wrong people. The WOA did nothing wrong...they did not stop anyone from supporting any cause - they simply followed the by-laws and procedures that EVERY local Association, including the PNFOA, agreed to follow.
I will willingly grant you everything you just said as Gospel. WOA is still wrong in disallowing the whistles and they are still doubling down on stupidity in punishing referees for supporting breast cancer awareness.

See, I've heard both sides and the WOA is still acting arbitrarily in order to flex its power. Obviously, the WOA doesn't have a problem with pink whistles, but it will kill your career if you don't follow a procedure that they designed by themselves because they wanted a procedure.

Do you get the picture? The WOA thinks an arbitrary procedure is more important than breast cancer awareness.