View Single Post
Old Sun May 22, 2011, 08:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMike View Post
I just want one of you apologists to explain why other sports were allowed to wear pink whistles and why football guys were allowed to wear blue flags but these guys were not allowed to wear pink whistles. Seems like an arbitrary and unsupportable decision to me. If the PNFOA perceived they were being forced to play under different rules (as it seems they were) then kudos to them for doing the right thing.
I don't know any apologists but I'll see if I can break down so you can understand it, even though I know you still won't agree.

In order to show support for two different causes, the WOA voted to allow basketball and volleyball officials to use pink whistles to show that officials' support breast cancer research and to allow football officials to use blue flags to show support for prostate cancer research. It's symbolic. Any official can donate a game check or any amount they choose to for with cause or any other cause.

I venture to say that if basketball or volleyball officials had chosen to use blue whistles, they would have similiar problems with the WOA for violating the directive.

I really don't see why that's so difficult to understand.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith