Thread: Loitering Coach
View Single Post
Old Sun May 15, 2011, 11:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Not allowed in NCAA.
Dont want to sound like a prick by responding. I just am trying to facilitate a discussing about something that may be a disadvantageous rule. I haven't seen a specific ruling that does not allow this. I will admit that I may have missed seeing it in the book.

Is it not permitted in NCAA, because of the last statement of 9-4-d: "The trip to the mound...shall be concluded when... the pitcher begins his eight warm-up pitches"?

To me that tells me that the conference is over, but there is nothing that requires the coach to return to the dugout during that time, other than unwritten assumption that he should return to the dugout. Permissable persons are the only ones allowed outside of the dugout during live ball periods, but they are permitted outside that area during dead ball periods which this is.

My issue mainly is that I see it as unfair that during this warm-up time, the offensive team is allowed to continue to meet with no penalty, but the defensive manager can't continue to meet with his squad. It's not equal treatment to both parties.

Like I said, I may have not seen this issue in the book and need clarification and pointed to the right direction.