View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 17, 2000, 02:06am
Official Forum Member

Lightbulb What's so different?

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Originally posted by Stevan
What does this picture look like? she's outside the end line and in position to make the throw-in, looks down and sees her shoe is untied, refuses an offer to take the time out (probably because she doesn't know she needs one or that the coach won't like it), and just lets the ball go so she can tie her shoe while the official is making a visible 5-count? Is this funny or am I missing something?
That's not what happened in the original post and completely out of context. It's a different situation and should be handled differently.

For anyone with any common sense AND understanding of the game, you let the girl tie her shoe.

No wonder we catch so much crap!
What's wrong with trying to visualize this scene in order to try to make some sense out of it? Can you tie your shoe holding a basketball? If the trail official HAD handled the situation with some common sense AND understanding of the game and let the girl tie her shoe as I suggested we avoid the whole crap with the varsity coach and the melee that followed. (Did you read that part?)

Somehow I get the feeling you didn't understand the what I was trying to communicate. I'm sure the original post sender knows his partner got them in trouble for a situation that should have never happened.