View Single Post
Old Sun May 08, 2011, 10:06pm
Official Forum Member

I just got the Honigs ZG chest protector and like it alot, but, think the harness could be a little better and its rather large in the shoulders. I typically wear a large shirt on the bases and an XL over my older Diamond blanket style cp, but the XL is stretched pretty tight over the ZG. Probably going to have to get 2XL shirts for it.

Also just got a new Wilson mask. Its the WTA3009X and got it with the black/tan leather pads. Like it alot, although I did have a tendency to yank my hat off for a couple of weeks. Took some getting used to after my old mask.

Shin guards I have yet to find a set I like. I have some Diamonds that are OK, but they are pretty wide especially at the knee and have a tendency to roll around my legs. Tried some newer Diamonds with a double knee and thigh cap, but cant stand them. The thigh cap rubs the top of my thighs raw now matter what I do with them.

I know a few guys that wear the K2 protector, in fact I have one, but wont wear it. I have taken some good hits through my blanket protector in areas the K2 wouldnt cover. Had a partner in a HS game a few weeks back that got hit just below the K2 on first pitch of game and was out of action for a few minutes.