Thread: Ugly, Ugly Game
View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 20, 2003, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

I've been officiating high school ball for two years and I worked my first post season first round tournament game last nite, girls. I have to admit I was quite excited about getting one after just two years and as expected, just wondered how I would perform. After the game, I would have to say and hopefully, I did fine. I know I missed a couple but didn't get much feedback from the coaches on the missed calls.

Anyway, I worked with a veteran official (33 years) and mentioned to him during pregame about my experience level and he said work hard, hustle but don't rush and that I would do just fine. BUT, several times during the game when we talked and even after the game, he kept saying how the game "SUCKED" and play was terrible. Score was 40-28 and yes, play could have been hopefully better, but wasn't. After the game, I asked him if he observed anything that I needed to work on. There wasn't, so I must have done a great job. To sum it up, I was still excited about the game and will work two boys first round tournament games next week with yet another veteran offical. Will see how these go.