View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 20, 2003, 09:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RookieDude
Here are a few more nit-picky questions:

1) Officials Manual, Pg. 44 275. "During the intermission between quarters...the Referee shall take a position with the ball at the division line on the sideline opposite the table indicating the direction of play with the placement of the ball."

What does "indicating the direction of play with the placement of the ball" mean? Ball on floor in direction of play? Ball in hand in direction of play? (Hard to use hand signal while holding ball in direction of play)

2) Concerning Technical Fouls...Do you switch on a T? Some Officials like to administer the foul shots that called the T, some do not.

3) Concerning the Jump Ball...Officials Manual Pg. 29 213. "The Umpire will go in the direction of the ball."
See Diagram 14 on Pg.28 Officials Manual

C'mon now, we all know the Referee almost ALWAYS stays as Trail, no matter which way the ball goes...don't we?
(Seriously, I have pregamed the correct way before and my partners have looked at me with the "deer in the headlight" gaze.)

What say you on the above?

Dude
1) I agree with mick - facing table, ball on left or right hip.

2) We have the calling official put the ball in play opposite the table.

3) We like to have the umpire follow the ball on long tips, in some cases this means the referee will become the lead.

Just my humble opinion.
Blackhawk