View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 19, 2003, 11:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dblref
Tony: When did NC start using the precision system? I have used it a couple of times (whistle to stop clock), but never used anything to "start/chop" clock. One of the guys in my association (at least I think he is still here) was involved with selling this device and we used it for about a month -- seemed to work pretty good.
Precision Time was invented by former NBA Official Mike Constable, who lives in Hillsborough, NC. We have about 50 high schools in the state that have purchased the system over the last two years. It's also used at the Regional Tournaments and State Championships. It costs between $2000 and $3000, depending on which system is purchased.

The belt pack has a microphone that connects to the lanyard, which stops the clock when the FOX40 is blown. The beltpack has a button on the bottom of it. Sounds like you weren't starting the clock but were allowing the timer to start the clock.

Since the official is starting the clock, there's no need to chop time in. You count with one hand and press the button with the other.

I enjoy using it but it's hard to get in a rhythm with your mechanics when you're using it one night but not using it the next night. That's the only drawback at this point.

http://www.precisiontime.com/

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith