View Single Post
Old Mon May 02, 2011, 02:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
Because that's USUALLY, but not UNIVERSALLY correct.

B1 out. B2 out. B6 hits a home run, B3 ruled out for not batting.

The last person with a complete turn at bat was B6 - but B3 is your runner and B4 your first batter.
OOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooops....
I was reading after B2 out: B3, B4 and B5 on the bases when B6 hit that homer.
However, you're talking BOO here. Then we have:

Sec. 2. BATTING ORDER.

d. The first batter in each inning shall be the batter whose name follows that of the last player who completed a turn
at bat in the preceding inning.
EFFECT - Sec. 2c-d:
Batting out-of-order is an appeal play that may be made by the manager, coach, or player of the defensive team only.
The defensive team forfeits it's right to appeal for batting out-of-order when all fielders have clearly vacated their normal fielding positions and have left air territory on their way to the bench or dugout.
1. If the error is discovered while the incorrect batter is at bat
(a) The correct batter may legally take his place, and assume the ball and strike count of the incorrect batter.
(b) Any runs scored or bases run while the incorrect batter is at bat shall be legal.
2. If the error is discovered after the incorrect batter has completed his turn at bat and before a legal or illegal pitch has been made to another batter
(a) The player who should have batted is out.
(b) Any advance or score made as a result of the improper batter becoming a batter-runner shall be nullified.
Any out that is made prior to discovering this infraction, remains out.
(c) The next batter is the player whose name follows that of the player called out for failing to bat. If the next player was the incorrect batter who was called out, go to the next person in the line-up.

Then yes, you are correct B4 is at bat. The homer by B6 is nullified and has not a complete turn at bat. At the score-sheet will show up that B3 has however a complete turn at bat. Even while she didn't show up at bat...

I must read much s l o w e r, when it's in the Queens English. Sorry for the miscommunication and for making myself look like an idiot.

Ik ben niet gek, doe alleen alsof! Gaat me goed af toch?