View Single Post
Old Sun May 01, 2011, 05:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
This is probably the reason I will not be umpiring very long in the sport of baseball. We have received the very same rain that you get. Almost every day has been a wash. I lost about 4 games this week because it rained almost every day. When we do play it is very cold and not fun sitting outside. And if I am supposed to umpire and the games are cancelled, it ruins the day as I am either waiting on a game to be cancelled or the schools wait until the final moments to work a game. Then we have schools that act like our time is not valuable by changing dates and times to try to fit a game without consideration that the time or site change might affect your availability. I think I am done with that constant game being played. I had friends tell me some time it was not worth it and one of them said they did not miss it when they retired from the sport. The games themselves are fun when it is not freezing, but all the BS leading up to it is making this not fun anymore.

Peace
I like baseball because the participants are smart enough to come in out of the rain, unlike those of that silly game played with nets on sticks who will play in the slop all day long. I hate that game. It has hurt baseball in the northeast.