View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 30, 2011, 07:22pm
Administrator

Rainy weather, triple plays, and extra innings.

For those of you who do not live in NW Ohio and SE Michigan, the month of April has been one of the wettest in history which means lots of rained out baseball and softball games.

I have lost one single softball game, one single baseball game, and five baseball DH. MTD, Jr., has lost three single baseball games and two baseball DH. His two DH were with me. Lots of money has been lost this month (oh wait, we don't umpire of the money, ).

Anyway, Mark, Jr., had a FR baseball game (he was BU) and I had an open date, so I decided to go with him and watch the game. The first four innings went quickly with the Home team taking a 1-0 lead into the top of the fifth. But the weather was miserable (cold, very windy, and on and off again drizzles). Being the smart old geezer that I am, I told Junior that I was headed back to the car.

While I was taking a 45 minute nap all of the fun took place. The Visitors, scored four runs in the top of the fifth for a 4-1 lead. The Home team quickly had runners on 1B and 2B with no outs, when B/R3 hit a line shot to F3 for the first out, F3 then tagged 1B for the second out, and then fired to F6 at 2B for the third out. A 3-3-6 triple play!! The sixth inning was scoreless. The Vistors scored two runs in the top of seventh for a 6-1 lead and the Home team score five runs in the bottom of the seventh to tie the game at 6-6. That is when I woke up and went back out to the diamond. LOL!

The Home team scored one run in the bottom of the eighth to win 7-6. I did buy Junior a hot chocolate at the concession stand on the way back to the parking lot.

But we did have a nice Varsity DH tgether last night.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio