View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 29, 2011, 12:01am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jophyal View Post
STB must have plenty of money...
Plenty and I quit taking game fees years ago. I teach for free internationally on my dime. I collect umpire's equipment and give it away to international umpires in need either for free or they pay the cost of shipping. Tens of thousands of $$$ every year.

IOW, I walk the walk.

When I worked for fees, I did it because I was very happy to have either the extra income or income to keep the doors open in the Best's household. I was never once ashamed of my officiating profession or ashemaed to admit that I need to work games for the security and comfort of my family.

It is absolutely hypocritical to not lay straight your need for the money, admit it and move on. There's no shame in that yet where are the ones on this forum who are not ashamed to admit it? At this point, not one person except for myslef has done so. What are the chances that the hundreds of umpires on TOF, posting here, that none, zero, of them don't need the income?

Strange? Not around here where forum talk is the talk and the walk is nonexistent.

Last edited by Simply The Best; Fri Apr 29, 2011 at 12:07am.