View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 28, 2011, 07:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jicecone View Post
I am PU. R1, 1 out. Ground ball fielded and play is made for force out at second, FPSL. I come out to observe play at second and then afterwards turn to first and watch runner pass first and F3 has possesion of ball. BU called safe. Beats the hell out of me.

Def coach comes out and my partner comes to me for help with play at first. I tell him I have nothing. He says I didn't see it either???? I tell him "well stick with your call then."

Guess who has to toss Offensive coach because someone changed their call.

Sometimes you just have to umpire and sometimes you just have to shutup and stick with your mistake.
You in the wrong post, but I play along. FPSR implies that something illegal happened. If you are PU you should have the call since BU is turning for play at 1B after calling R1 out on the force. Pick a hand to point with but I generally point at the violation with left with conviction and turn to BR and give the out call towards him. Why you see nothing if you think you saw a FPSR violation? Why you mention it if not? You say BR pass first and F3 has the ball. Did he have the ball when BR touched first or not. He has it as runner is past first but did he have it before, you are not clear on point.

If partner asks for help give him what you have, not don't say I did not see it, but if you are watching 2b for potential FPSR violation, you very well may not see it, since not your job.

You say stick with the call but offensive coach was EJ because the call was changed. I just so confused. Did he change the call after neither of you admitted to seeing it. I just so confused.