Thread: Double Booking
View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 27, 2011, 12:00pm
Official Forum Member

Very well said.......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE Minnestoa Re View Post
I am an assignor and I have no issue with someone taking a higher level game provided I can sent a qualified umpire to the lower level game. For our association, JV is the lowest we work with, then high school. However, four of my umpires (me included) work quite a bit of NCAA ball and most of the time I will let them bug out for the college game.

What I will not put up with for long is dumping one high school game for a supposed better one. If I find out you are doing that, your schedule will be getting thinner in a hurry!
I read through all of these posts and here is where i am going on this................

I assign both hs baseball and hs softball and for the last 17 years, I have officated a different sport collegiately. I have no problem if a guy gets a college assignment and wants to turn back my game. Here is why - now the JV guy gets bumped up to a V game, the freshman ump gets a jv game and
someone sitting home gets a freshman game. Now what I detest is the guy
who is asked to work a game in another district between the top two teams and I have given him a jv game. Sure I will let him off my game, but he better
not be waiting by the phone during the post season.

In College basketball, if you get a call from a D1 supervisor at 10am asking if you can work that night and you have a D3 game that evening, you would be a fool not to call your D3 assigner $1,200 > $150..........