Thread: Organizations
View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 25, 2011, 11:03pm
Official Forum Member

I must be in a more ideal world; I know I have discussed Steve's world with him.

In my world (metro Atlanta area), my group calls ASA and high school only. There is no need to call anything else; from late February until mid-October (earlier and later for a select few), I can keep the vast majority as busy as they wish.

I don't stop anyone from calling other ball; I strongly support that they are independent contractors. That goes both ways, so they know they drop a notch on the priority list when they decline because they work outside. If the outside is NCAA, I give them every opening for that advancement without any penalty.

As an association, we are requested all the time. I can dictate to parks, leagues, tournaments, that we work ASA, and that is what they need to be if they me and my group. When the consensus is that you have the best product, the teams/leagues/etc will meet what you require.

I suggest that they stay ASA just because 1) it has the best training, 2) just one registration per year, 3) just one set of uniforms to buy, and 3) I can keep them busy in most cases. There just isn't any reason to go outside if your primary group can keep you busy.