Thread: Push-ups
View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 18, 2003, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

Other methods

Ejection and Technical fouls are our biggest weapons. Sometimes we are reluctant to pull them out.

I didn't see the event but I do know there are other ways to take care of things besides giving a T-bone.

What was the response of the defender underneath the push-up dude? Maybe he was laughing. Was there an official close by? Perhaps he was talking with the players. Many things can be resolved and the taunting stopped without shooting a T.

Had a district game the other night. Kid came from behind on a breakaway lay-up made a terriffic block. The foul was called. He went to retreive the ball with the biggest sh!t eating grin... my comment to him was, "Man that was a great block. But don't smile too much your going to incite the other team to get you back. Just move on. It was a great block. Don't taunt the other players; just move on.

A T wasn't in order here .... yet... another couple of seconds of smiling and it could have been. Taunting ... confrontation.

Perhaps something similar occurred during the push-up game.

[Edited by DownTownTonyBrown on Feb 18th, 2003 at 02:37 PM]