Thread: Rule changes
View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 22, 2011, 11:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
PC is not required for the rule as it currently stands, except it's currently required for TC to begin. This rule changes that, in that PC will no longer be required to begin TC.
Either that or you define PC to include a ball in possession of a thrower....holding or "dribbling" a live ball without reference to it being inbounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
My next question would be to find out if TC exists "only" during the throw-in, or if it continues through a tip. IOW, is there a moment w/o TC between a tipped TI pass and PC getting secured?
I asked the exact same question. We'll see if they make it consistent and clean or a mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
Hey, maybe we should wait until we actually see/read the new rule and interps and case plays before we start worrying about all of the "what if's"...

I don't know. Just a thought...
Or maybe, those that are finalizing the rules and interps just might happen to see some of the questions here and will make sure they get it right to start with. They probably won't get it right/complete to start, but it doesn't hurt to be hopeful.