Thread: Rule changes
View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 21, 2011, 10:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
Having never read the NCAA book, I can't comment to your post. If the NCAA has TC on a TI, then following their lead makes sense.

I was working the assumption that if there's TC on a TI, then an inbounding pass from FC to BC is illegal. This is how it works in FIBA. I've also learned that many officials have to make up the closest spot when they don't identify the throw-in spot with prelim signal. After the fact spot identification; sometimes they're close, sometimes not. If they're not close, it exists assigning the TI to the wrong "court".

And any official worth his game fee will not get this stuff wrong.
NCAA does have team control during a throw-in and has specific exemptions that allow the ball to be thrown into the backcourt and allows a team to retrieve the ball in the backcourt after the throw-in ends if player control has not been established first.

I believe only FIBA and the NBA do not allow frontcourt throw-ins to be thrown into the backcourt and even the NBA allows that in the final two minutes of the 4th/OT.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.