Thread: PC 50 Whistle
View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 18, 2011, 11:56am
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I would not us the whistle for the same reason I do not switch things in my pocket. It is very easy to forget or not change when you are supposed to and that will cause further problems. It is better to be focused on the game and you will remember who had the ball last and who got the last AP (or jump ball). That to me is more effective than this little device (or the other device).

Peace
Rut - I agree with you. I also know you don't do many (or any, I think) kids rec games. If you did, you'd realize the importance of keeping track of possession yourself. 99% of these games have volunteer parents keeping the clock and the book and many of them have never done it before (or only done it a very few times) so you have to explain how to do it to them. It can be really hard to explain possession to some parent who has virtually no concept of what that means. If the officials don't keep it, it just won't be kept. I know you said you can just keep it "in your mind" but I guess I'm not that accomplished. I wish I was. Congrats to you (I'm not being sarcastic but appreciative here).