View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 17, 2011, 11:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TussAgee11 View Post
Not going to say its impossible for BU2 to see that INT, but it certainly would be alot easier from the outside as was the positioning many years ago. Ball is primary responsibility of course, and with the INT happening on the backside of BU2, its going to be tough to really see. In fact, if he did see the whole thing, I'd wonder why he abandoned watching the ball.

Good job by U3 to realize U2 wasn't in a good spot to see it and jump on it. And correct mechanic as this is type B, do not kill until play is made on that runner. Nice to see the MLB guys get this right since they see it far less frequently than we all do...
First off, it's OBS, not INT.

Secondly, I've never known U2 to set up outside with R1. Granted, I haven't studied video of baseball of previous eras, but this video (click on the Video Clip, located on the right side, near the bottom) of Lou Brock shows U2 inside the diamond.

Thirdly, even if U2 was outside, he's still probably going to miss the OBS. His eyes, as you mentioned, are on the ball AND the play occurs after 2B. U3 has the best view, as he's at 3B watching the ball being fielded, which puts OBS in direct line of his watching the play.