View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 16, 2000, 03:15am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Bradley Batt
Yeah - but you still don't "give up" your right to verticality. You are still entitled to your spot and the space above it.

If there is contact on the arm, etc. from extending, that is one thing, but if the defensive player is extending his arms horizontally and the offensive player with the ball commits a foul - it is a player control foul.
Whoa, hold on, wait a minute. I don't think this is right, is it? If the defense has her arms straight up, and has legal guarding position, then any contact is PC.

But you say above, "horizontally". I'm pretty sure that even if the defense has legal guarding position, she can't extend her arms horizontally toward the offense and get away with it, should any contact occur. At least in Jr Hi ball, this contact is always a push or an "illegal use of hands".

You say a 9efensive player is entitled to block the ball, and this is true but only when the block causes no contact, or when the motion to block is straight up, NO FORWARD MOTION of any body part, including hands and arms.

At least,'this is how I've been calling it...