View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 16, 2011, 11:10am
Official Forum Member

4 man and Obs at 2nd

Anybody see this, I'm thinking Tue or Wed night?

I was channel surfing and came across "partial" replay, so I'm not clear what the entire situation was or if an obs call was made?

GB to the right side, fielded to 1B.

I'm making an assumption here but; R1 rounded 2B hard heading for 3B (my assumption being a shift was on and nobody was covering 3B?).

R1 did not slow down but rounded 2nd hard and ran smack dab into whomever was covering 2nd (F6 or F5?) I don't know but it doesn't matter.

What I found quite odd was BU2 never took his eyes off the ball being fielded to 1B, didn't look to see if R1 touched 2nd, and certainly didn't see the a.. over tea kettle spill the runner took from the collision with the "trying to get out of the way" defender.

The runner rises to his feet and continues towards third the defender a step or two in front of him as BU2 finally turns his head back for a look, see's nothing and turns back to find the ball, that was the conclusion of the replay.

So couple questions for you 4 man crews:
1. Was BU2 just slacking or was he relying on BU3 to make note the R1's touch of 2B and to look for any OBS?
And

2. Was anything called?

Last edited by soundedlikeastrike; Sat Apr 16, 2011 at 11:37am.