View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 15, 2011, 10:51am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleeds View Post
Ladies and Gentleman,

I am the local district ASA UIC from my area. Recently I have lost one official for sure and potentially a second official for the upcoming 2011 season.

This has me stressing out because right now with the work schedules and commitments of my other officials I may not have enough officials to cover all nights of League play.

Hence I am trying to recruit new officials for the upcoming season.

I am marketing on Facebook, and locally used websites. I have also e-mailed the contacts I have in both the athletic department and others I know on the campus of the local university trying to recruit students for this paid hobby.

I am looking for other ideas that you all may have. I know flyers are an option and I may have to do that I just do not have the time to go around time hanging them.

Anyway let me know the ideas you have as I am stressing, but luckily I have a month until league and tournaments start so I do have time.

Thanks
First of all, NEVER refer to officiating as a hobby, it is not, it is a business for those who are paid.

How about current or recently retired players of fiends of theirs?
How about friends/relatives of other umpires?