Thread: Push-ups
View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 16, 2003, 03:36pm
Do not give a damn!!

Exclamation Take the stick out of your behind.

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman

Authority has nothing to do with it. It's about sportsmanship and game management. It's also about keeping control of the game so it doesn't get out of hand later. This could lead to additional taunting and a fight later. Whack. In addition, I've seen it before so I highly doubt that it was spontaneous.

Z

Why couldn't it been spontaneous? We see kids chest bump, jump in teammates arms, do fancy high five routines and I do not see anyone crying for a T then. Why now and not the other things that take place? This kid made a great play and did something that was right after the action. He did get knocked down and if I am not mistaken he was on his belly and started doing push ups. I agree this is something you do not see everyday, but it is not like he went to center court and did the push ups. He did this in the place he was knocked down. I will agree that it was not the most sportsmanlike act, but we do not T every act that does not feel right. The best thing to do would have been to talk to the kid if you had a problem. Not unless you see this again would I consider this to be staged. But I have never seen this before, so to suggest that it could not have been spontaneous is ridiculous. Considering all the situations here, this was very spontaneous. I guess when a kid dunks and yells, you are T'ing him up too? I hear them do this very often on TV and in HS games. I guess that just crosses the line too?

Peace