View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 14, 2003, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

COACHES

Reading another thread reminded me of this one, thought I'd get your reactions.

HS Varsity Boys, regular season, 2-whistle game. In our pre-game confrence with coaches/captians I clearly asked the coaches specifically if they had any questions. Both said "no". Confrence over ~ warm-up preiod over ~ just prior to introductions.

Coach A calls us both over and asks: "How are you guys going to call the coaching box?"
I give my standard anwser :"Coach, it's in the book as a rule, that's how we call it. But, our top priority is the ball game on the floor."

Not good enough ~
Coach A: "I want a specific answer, last time we played these guys he was in MY box."
Me: "Coach, we'll handle it."

This really irritates me. That coach had every opprotunity to ask the question in the pre-game and refused. There is the seed, he obviously wants it to grow into a "T".

My next move is to walk directly to the other head coach and say: "Coach, they are asking for box inforcement already."
Coach B: "Why, are they out of it all the time?"
Me: "No coach, he dosen't want you coaching from his box"
Coach B: "That's crazy!"
Me: "Coach, all I'm saying is that we had that conversation on that side of the floor, and I'm not doing that without this side knowing about it. Have a good game."

The game went great, no box problems, but I wonder what the post-game converstaion was like. Really hope Hawks Coach weighs in on this one.

Who's got a better solution?
Blackhawk

Having a hard time spelling this morning!

[Edited by Blackhawk357 on Feb 14th, 2003 at 11:30 AM]