Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to BigDave
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by BigDave
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Fouling to stop the clock at the end of the game is by definition intentional, it's been a POE in both NCAA & NFHS.
If I called the game according to this, I wouldn't be working very much. Fouls to stop the clock are a part of most games we work. We know those fouls are intended to stop the clock, but calling all of them intentional is not the answer. POE or not. I do believe there is some judgment involved.
I believe that you are misinterpreting what Dan is trying to say.He's not recommending that you call all contact "intentional".He's just wondering if the officials were calling "touch" fouls quick enough when they are being used to stop the clock,instead of maybe ignoring them and making the defenders commit a harder foul to get the whistle.Dan's point,I believe,was that you have to be ready in these end-of-the-game situations to recognize that the defense will want the quick foul,and you should be just as quick to give it to them-even if it's contact that you might have passed on earlier in the game. JMHO,'cause I can't really speak for Dan.
I'm with ya, JR.