View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 24, 2011, 08:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeStrybel View Post
Thank you Jeff, I appreciate the candor. That's the beauty of this game, we can disagree about what we see and still be respectful in the discussion.

I would have preferred to have been in Phoenix for the NCAA stuff. The Chicago meeting was held when the temps were around 20 degrees and the ol' Chicago hawk was howling.

Did you get a chance to look at the videos or March 3rd update I mentioned? They seem to be hellbent on reminding us that as long as the player is going into the base and does not attempt to injure the player or dislodge the ball, contact is unavoidable and legal. Some programs must have been complaining already. I can see your point though. Slowing it down shows him collapse his arms in front of his body but at full speed it looks more eventful. Either way, he is guilty of an ugly slide award.

Any problems enforcing the new clock rules?

Enjoy your games and be safe.

Mike
No problems with the clock. Seems that the teams are aware of the rule, and dont want to get dinged for it.
As for the play, I dont see him trying to injure, and call it an ugly slide, etc, but with that ugly slide, trying to dislodge.
And though contact on this is probably unavoidable, contact in this manner is not trying to get to the plate. If hes sliding to the plate, not through F1, then Im more ok with unavoidable contact.

Thanks for the friendly discussion..