View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 12, 2003, 08:05pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Re: If you do not know anything about me, do not run your mouth.

Easy Rut!

Take a second and relax. Breathe deeply.

No offense was intended, but unfortunately taken.

Who said anything about being uptight. I just said you did not know what you were talking about. Take it or leave it. If you preceive it as anything else, that is not my issue.

Yes "misogynist" was a bit of hyperbole. I figured you and others would understand that is referred to your antipathy toward officiating women's games.

Saying that someone perfers a particular level and calling it misogynistic, is a bit much. Basically when I did not grow up in an age of the WNBA and even Women's Basketball being on TV, I did not imagine myself doing or excelling at that level. I also live in an area where it required for officials to choose one over the other. I work for several assignors or AD that do not even ask me to do girl's basketball. You want to know the truth, it is the Men that are involved that do not make it fun. Officials that are older than dirt, coaches that think girls are fragile beings and the fathers that cannot believe that their daughter can get knocked down without a foul being called. But I guess that means I hate men now?

If you would read the rest of the note, you would see that it supports what you suggested.

You see I was critical of what I needed to be. I was not taking issue with the other parts of your posts that I commented on.

On another note, your aversion to the label "misogynist" strikes me as similar to most folks reticence to accept the label "racist".

Well the are not the same thing. I do not know if you would accuse women as "Men haters" because they said they never wanted to do Boy's basketball? It never becomes an issue. I wonder why?

Anyway, I could make many comments on the similarities, but don't feel this is the appropriate avenue to pursue them. I will sum up my position of the previous post, though (omitting references to misogyny):

How nice of you.

Sometimes there is a perceived problem. If there is a simple solution, do it. Don't make mountains out of molehills.

Relax.

I took your comments and called you on it. This is not something I am going to lose sleep over. Do not flatter yourself.

Peace