View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 23, 2011, 05:14pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judtech View Post
I'll agree with your first post but not necessarily this one. I don't think one equates with the other. If I lived in Storrs, I am not sure I would rush right out to watch them beat the tar out of Purdue. It is tough to get excited about a game that is going to be a blow out.
I think it is more about women's basketball than UConn. Like I said, I fully understand the appeal or lack there of with women's basketball. TV ratings are TV ratings. The Men's are probably up b/c you have a lot more outlets with which to watch, and quite frankly, the number of last second shots/close games always helps ratings. The women's tourney is sorely lacking in those this year.
They are almost always lacking in those things. It is not just this year; the tournament on the Women's side often has no surprises or excitement. Who on the Women's side is VCU or FSU?

Women's basketball is not as supported because women do not support the sport. Men will watch damn near anything that is a popular sport over and over again even if it is boring (Baseball for example). If you expect men to watch these games on any large scale it is not going to happen. For one men value men's sports and always will. Even women support Men's sports in bigger numbers.

Peace