View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 21, 2011, 11:22am
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
I start to realize that I'm being tripped up by some sprawling kindergarteners working on their coloring books! I don't know where they came from, but they were within two feet of the endline when my feet made contact.
Our local kids rec league has a similar problem at one of our middle school gyms on Friday nights. Apparently, there's an ethnic group that holds workshops and services in the main "common area" of the school three nights a week, Friday being one of them. They enter and exit through the gym. There's usually about 30 of them, including about 10 kids. They pay no attention to our game situation when they leave and walk along the sideline where the benches and score table are. They not only block the view of the court from the benches and table, they actually walk a few feet onto the court and can interfere with the game. Most times, we have to stop to let them go by. We've asked the school monitor to speak with them about it but to no avail. Apparently, very few of them speak English. And yes - we have had some collisions, including some involving referees.