View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 21, 2011, 07:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post

If they are going to do this, they need to adjust other rules (for example the other thread here) which holds other runners accountable for INT calls even though affected by an OBS runner.
Mike, you beat me to the punch. I was surprised when this interpretation was presented. I, like you, do not see where there is explicit protection for the non obstructed runner to violate any other rules. As you said, it does open "what if's"; mine was "the runner you called out, then draws a throw which is ruled as interference . . ." Now what? Additionally, how can we have runners out of sequence?

And for the record, I do not like that NFHS and NCAA has explicit rules that protect a runner from passing an obstructed runner with ZERO effect.

However, the Keystone Kontengent develop a solution that I have proposed to my regional UIC and I'm also submitting this to NFHS. Change the effect of obstruction to " . . . the ball is deal when the obstructed runner is put out or ANY RUNNER EFFECTED BY OBSTRUCTION IS PUT OUT." (the change in caps). Therefore, at the time R2 passes R1, the ball is dead, then make the awards.