View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 21, 2011, 07:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
You are wise beyond your years. I had the same thought in real time. After looking at the replay in the other thread, there was no OOB violation by rule but he did travel after the play. The first foot down( the one on the center line) was established as the pivot foot when the second foot landed after that. He then picked up his pivot foot and put it back down in the front court. He got the proper result on the play....violation... but for the wrong reason.
Very true that it appears that he traveled, but in real time it's tough to say when he controls the ball. He appears to fumble the ball slightly with the one hand catch. While it is clear, when the video is slowed down, that he traveled it was far less clear at full speed.

It doesn't change the fact that this was not a backcourt violation which was the call. That is a tough miss in the closing seconds of a NCAA tournament game, and furthermore it is not a "judgement" call it was an improper application of the rules. I would love to hear what Mr. Adams has to say about this call, but unfortunately I don't think we'll hear from him on this because very few people realize that it was the improper call.