View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 20, 2011, 01:21pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Dead Ball, Clock Stopped ...

Snaqwells: Thanks for your patience. Not only am I still caught up on the definition of participating, but I'm also having trouble with your dead ball, clock running, post.

Team A has six players on the court. Officials are unaware of this infraction. Team A has been awarded two free throws. First free throw is missed. No substitutions are made. Before bouncing the ball to the free thrower for his second free throw, the officials realize that Team A has six players on the court. Dead ball. Clock stopped. Are all six players participating at this point? Can a technical be charged at this point, or do we just send off the extra player?

Team A has six players on the court. Officials are unaware of this infraction. Team A has been awarded two free throws. First free throw is missed. No substitutions are made. After bouncing the ball to the free thrower, and the ball at the free thrower's disposal for his second free throw, the officials realize that Team A has six players on the court. Live ball. Clock stopped. Are all six players participating at this point? Can a technical be charged at this point, or do we just send off the extra player?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Mar 20, 2011 at 01:24pm.