Thread: Super Ump
View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 18, 2011, 09:48pm
Official Forum Member

Super Ump

I had the misfortune of working with someone that I can best describe as Super Ump today.

1. He told me that he will not show up to the game any more than 20
minutes early and he will get dressed and then come out to the field. He does not get paid enough to be there 30 minutes early. This leaves his partner checking the entire field and equipment alone.

2. Super Ump does not reply when given the infield fly signal. He stated that if his partner shows it the partner does not need a reply.

3. Super Ump refuses to back up the BU when they are in the C slot and there is a snap throw back to 1B. He stated that this is the BU job and they make those calls.

4. Super ump does not introduce himself or his partner at the plate meeting with the managers.

5. Super Ump tells you not to go out on any fly balls at all. Those ALL belong to him.

6. Super Ump then tells me at our 15 second pre game that he plays it strictly by the book. Um OK?

7. The reason that I cal him Super Ump is that his claim to fame, and he really lets you know it, is that he has umpired for 11 years. I wonder how many people he has worked with in those years?

As you can probably tell I did not enjoy my experience with Super Ump and hope that I never have to do so again.