View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 11, 2003, 02:30pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

OK, we've discussed embarassing moments and quick witted come-backs, how about big mistakes we can all learn from (moral stories). I'll stick my neck out and be first.

Girls HS State Semi-finals .
One team wearing red and white.
One team wearing white and red.
Both teams wearing even numbers.

Early in the fourth quarter, Team B is in a half court trap. A2 (#12 Red) comes to help A1 who has dribbled into a trap. She sets an illegal screen on B1 (#12 White), who subsquently falls into, and displaces the dribbler A1.

I, thankfully, see the illegal screen, blow, and go to the table across the floor (college size). I report the foul ~"Red, One, Two, Block, One & One" ~ give the proper signals and turn back to the floor. To my dismay, I see my partner has both teams on the wrong side of the floor, with the dribbler, A1, lined up to shoot the 1&1. (Insert "red faced" icon)

I had to go to my partner, explain what I called and move to the other side of the floor and put B1 (# 12 White) who everyone thought was the offending player, on the line for the 1&1. At that point it seemed the entire attendence of the Fieldhouse were fans of the Red team.

Moral: COMMUNICATE, COMMUNICATE, COMMUNICATE!
Make SURE your partner knows what you called BEFORE you leave the spot of the foul.

Blackhawk