View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 12, 2011, 05:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth Vader View Post
I'm getting tired of bein lectured by umpires who are trying to sell there laxness to being ethical and honest and hove a 1000 excuses why they should sellout and not GET THE CALL RIGHT. I have looked in every manual form HS to NCAA and others and the instruction is ok the same. Forget about anything else and get the call right.

Forget about anything else and get the call right. so what it gets down to is that you are above the game and anything that will make your life easy is what you are going to do. Fine. go ahead, shame on you, don't expect me to bow to your low standards though.
So go and get the call right, for God's sake, and stop blubbering! While your at it, try buying a book on positioning and get into the right place to make the call. From the B, you should be able to move into position and adjust as needed and don't even think of arguing that you were in the right place. 30 years of umpiring and 10 years of evaluating for my association tells me that you were not in the right place.