View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 12, 2011, 03:19pm
Official Forum Member

Simply Lame-- Simply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply The Best View Post
lol Also known as "take the easy way out". Halt! The truly knowlegeable will interpret this as a solid team of officials getting the call right. Oh, BS. "Every"? "Appeal to partner" ? Game control, learn it. Life is tough, we're growing organs daily, get in line for a pair. "Take the easy way out" is for wimps.I'd like to have 8 dark hours with Miss America, so what about "desires". Wishing is for children, doing the job right is proof of adulthood. Excuse moi, but wtf is PU doing on this play if he isn't following the ball and B-R up the line? BU is in B, No R2/R3 is indicated.

A bunch more baloney.

Are you just trying to be offensive for the fun of it?

A: The "easy way out" is to run to your partner every time someone comes out of the dugout and complains about a call, or wear a set of rabbit ears hearing every comment from the dugout, and responding to it. The easy way out is to have so little respect for the game and the players in it you don't do your job and own up to your call.

B. If your umpires are working as a team on this play, then the PU is not in a great position to see this play, as he is looking for the legal slide at 2B, and then aware he might have a call at 3B using some mechanics. He sure as shooting is not going to come out an overrule a judgment call by his partner at 1B. Or do you make it a habit of throwing in your own opinion on every close call your partner makes?

C. Nice way to reveal you have one year of experience 20 times Simply. If you want to show you have guts (or whatever rude term you wish to use in print), then tell the person who started this thread to make the right call the first time, and not have to go to his partner to get his judgment. Do this stuff in an NCAA game and see how much trash you have to deal with coming from the dugout the rest of the day.

D. I have no idea what your ranting about with "8 hours with Miss America'. I guess you really don't give a hoot about getting calls right in a game, like most of us here do. Maybe I'll move to where you umpire, since getting calls right and game management doesn't seem to matter much to people where you work. Nonsensical responses don't make you look very good either.

E. The original poster told us he was in B, so he either has R1, or R1/R3. I assume it's R1, and if it is, the PU had better not be going up the line following the BR. Maybe if you read the post before attacking someone you might understand what they are saying. "Great" mechanics on your part if you are going up the line with your partner in B. Good luck this season, you and your partners will need it.

F. Thank you for your opinion Simply, I'd really enjoy working a game with you sometime, so we can find out who is full of lunch meat and who is filled with hot air being let out in a post.