View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 10, 2011, 03:15pm
Official Forum Member

I don't think I ever said that I change the call, it was his and I let him do his thing, but I have worked with guys that have had a crew get together and then say, "Man, I kicked it!" or "Man, I think I missed that!" and follow that up with I am gonna change it. I tell em, "Do what you gotta do bro!"

Then we get ready for the fireworks.

If a partner needs to use me so that he can pretend to get new info, then I support him is all I was saying. After the game we will talk about ways to get into better postion, or to improve timing, like better use of eyes, but I will not critize him for doing what he did. That is what I am there for. I am the only guy, or one of 2 or 3 on the field with him that he has. And on the field I have his back.

Sorry if any of you don't support that, but you won't regret having me on the field when the turds hit the fan.

Again, notice all I did was support my partner, not change his call or tell him what to do.

I however will insist that if he is going to change his call, that we go over to the coach that the call will go against and explain it before we give any signal. He will do the talking and i will just be there or the other partner will just be there. Don't give a bull a red flag and then let him have room to run at you!