View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 10, 2011, 01:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMBReferee View Post
Geez, and I thought how the NBA handled the Durant call last year was bad.

Between his comments last night without having seen the video first and now this, Adams comes off as reactionary. It sounds like he's trying to please ESPN's talking heads more than actually putting the best officials in the tournament.

The best officials, no matter what age, should call the tournament. I know that may be naive, but that's how I see it.
I personally think Adams' words of "younger" is taken out of context. Most guys peak in their officiating career in their 40s in my opinion. That is when they have it all going on. They should be absolutely proficient with the rules, should still be in good shape and able to still run the floor well, and have had the amount of experience needed to be at the top of their game. So to me that is not too young. There are too many out there that are in their latter years who can't run, etc. and are on the decline. Although I think these men have contributed greatly to the game, I would still like to see them around the game, therefore I think they should be advisors to the NCAA, certain conferences, etc. but not on the court.