View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 10, 2011, 01:17pm
Official Forum Member

Injury stoppage Galore

Tuesday VG tournament game.

1. B1 runs out and jumps to block a 3pt attempt. Misses player and ball but lands and rolls ankle. 5 minute wait.

2. B2 trailing B3 racing down court. B3 stops, B2 runs into her shoulder and gets bloody nose. Blood all over court. 12 minute cleanup.

3. B3 runs out to block a 3 pt shot, goes up, lands on top of B4 who was guarding A1. Another ankle and another 5 minutes or so to get her off court.

4. B4 gets rebound, chins ball and pivots - smack into B2's face. Another bleeder and another 10 minute delay to get blood off floor.

5. B4 and B5 going for ball from opposite directions. Wham - knees collide. B4 walks it off. B5 carried off.

6. B4 rebounding and comes down on B6 foot rolling hers badly. DELAY again.

7. B2 racing to get a fumbled ball. B8 also trying to get to it. Collision with heads leading. Monster nose bleed and girl sitting and weaving on court. Coach comes out to deal with her. She is major wobbly on way to bench.

Then B7 fouls out of game. Coach tells me that he will play with 4 as B2 still in locker room trying to stop nosebleed and B2 he is being cautious with as he believes she has a concussion. I didn't have to say a thing about that.
They played for 3 minutes or so with 4 players and then B8 comes out of locker room with nose packed.

Last 30 seconds of game. Partner starts to pivot to switch from trail to lead on intercepted pass. Another B player smacks him and twists him. Blown knee, ACL, MCL and tear in Patella. Funny thing was all the contact causing injuries were on B. B coach just shaking his head saying "wow, what else could go wrong". ME: Don't even think about that!!!!!

Never had a game like that in 25 years+. BTW - no stoppage for partner, he hopped and I long changed for the final few seconds.

New partner for Friday.