Thread: AP or OOB
View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 09, 2011, 01:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
1) It's enforced exactly as I said above. You don't have dual control but you treat it like there was dual control. That illogical imo.
How many FIBA games did you see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
2) No, but if that player was OOB when he first puts both hands on the ball, we do call a violation on him. We also call a violation on that player if he steps OOB anytime after he first puts both hands on the ball but before dual control is attained. Under FIBA rules, you don't.

It is what it is....a FIBA rule....but it just isn't logical to me.
Your concept of dual possession is, approximately, "when no player can get control without undue roughness", at least in that case play. Well, FIBA just adds something to the concept of dual control.

Is it logical to you that the CE "failure to award merited free throws" can lead to a five or six point play? You fail to award bonus free throws to team A, which scores a three point field goal (maybe with a foul): three points, error correction (other two points) and possible bonus free throw. This makes 5 or 6 instead of 2. To me it isn't logical. Under FIBA rules this can only lead to a three or four point play, because in this case the error is disregarded.

Every rule set has its not so logical parts.

Ciao