View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 09, 2011, 06:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy View Post
So, what about players who come close to you - do you move them to help avoid *your* season-ending injury?

Ok, I agree that's a snarky comment. And, for all I know, we could walk into the same gym and agree that, for that night, the cheerleaders are a problem at that particular spot and need to be moved. Each gym, and each situation, might be different. I'm only speaking in general terms about small gyms, and making accomodations for everyone. I've worked in many small gyms without any issues where the cheerleaders are on the endline with me, and there's only 10-12 feet between the line and the wall. Usually they've been taught to stay out of our way when the play is at that end of the court, and they do a good job of it because that's where they've been for many years at that school.

Again, having cheerleaders close by is just not a big deal with me, unless something forces me to look at the situation closer.
Most of the time they aren't an issue, but in our area cheerleaders have no clue what is going on in the game and don't pay attention at all. I had a 7th grade boys tournament that I was working for a buddy of mine and these 7th grade cheerleaders are on the endline from the lane line to the baseline. I asked them if they could move about half of them around the corner and we would be good...one of the cheerleaders looks at me and says NO! 7th grade girl telling me right to me face and they don't move. The second free throw goes in and I asked (told) them to move again...the same cheerleader gives me another "look", I then I told their coach who is sitting in the stands by us that if they don't move they can sit with her. She gives me a dirty look...what is going on with young cheerleaders and cheerleader coaches these days? By the way, they moved! LOL