View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 08, 2011, 02:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodwillRef View Post
A coach chirping at me isn't the same as a potential season ending injury for me or my partner(s). I am "that guy" who will move them somewhere "I" think is safe me and the entire game.
So, what about players who come close to you - do you move them to help avoid *your* season-ending injury?

Ok, I agree that's a snarky comment. And, for all I know, we could walk into the same gym and agree that, for that night, the cheerleaders are a problem at that particular spot and need to be moved. Each gym, and each situation, might be different. I'm only speaking in general terms about small gyms, and making accomodations for everyone. I've worked in many small gyms without any issues where the cheerleaders are on the endline with me, and there's only 10-12 feet between the line and the wall. Usually they've been taught to stay out of our way when the play is at that end of the court, and they do a good job of it because that's where they've been for many years at that school.

Again, having cheerleaders close by is just not a big deal with me, unless something forces me to look at the situation closer.

(Used with permission.)