View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 07, 2011, 04:28pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Interesting article. Certainly much truth to the article and food for further discussion.

Thanks for posting Mark.

Maybe if/after you officially retire you can help with this angle of the game or at least be our media correspondent?
After reading the article, I thought about something that has to do with our local kids rec league. We play our HS level games on Friday nights (and Saturdays during the day). A lot of the kids who participate tried out for the HS team and didn't make the cut. That's why they then play rec league. I wonder how many of them would go to their HS games as a spectator on Friday nights if they weren't playing rec? We sometimes have as many as nine games that evening which translates to about 150 players (these teams have 8 or 9 players each).

We have our final Board meeting for this league next week and I'm going to suggest exploring moving the HS games to a different night, perhaps Thursdays. It would be a tough scheduling thing since they also practice during the week. I guess we'll see.