View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 07, 2011, 12:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
I'm confused. Was it tied before the shot, or after tehy counted the basket?

In any event, they would use the clock on the monitor if it was synced with the game clock. Otherwise, they'd use the lights, then the horn.

And, if they couldn't tell definitely, they'd go with the call on the floor ("no basket" according to the OP, I think).
I'm sorry. The game was not tied. Red was down by 2 and the shot ended up sending the game into overtime once the officials counted it.

The game was a D-I Womens game. The Trail (I'm pretty sure), but could have been the C, opposite table immediately waved off the shot as in his judgement it was in the players hand once time expired. But they went to the monitor to make sure

The monitor was old technology and I could hear the officials saying that they had to piece it together and in their judgement she got the shot off in time. As with 1 second left she was starting her motion to throw the ball up. It just seemed weird to go with defunct technology over an official who was all over the play. I would like to see the play under tenths of a second just to see.