View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 04, 2011, 10:03pm
Official Forum Member

I probably sound like a broken record, but don't let those church/wreck games get to you. When I first started officiating 7 years ago when I was 18 I would get a lot of crap from everyone and at times thought that I would have to deal with a crazy player after a rec game. I have come to find out that as much as I love officiating I really started to hate doing church/rec league games.

If you have a passion and the fire still burns don't give up. The only thing you can is get stronger from these situations and let it roll off of you. Yes, you can not accept those games and stick strickly to high school/college basketball which all of us love on this forum.

I think each of us does this because we love the game and we all know that there are going to be those few bad eggs out there that tries to get on our cases.

I deal with it all the time, I am 25 and work Division 2 and 3 Women's College basketball and let me tell you some of the things heard towards me in regards to my age and how I should still be in high school, but that is a different subject for another time.

Anywho, stick to your guns, and never let anyone ruin what is fun for you. Like everyone else is saying if you walk away it is saying that you quit and everyone else is winning!

Peace,
Bleach