Thread: Case Book
View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 08, 2003, 02:40pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fletch_irwin_m
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
9.9.2 SITUATION A: A1 is dribbling in his/her backcourt and throws a pass to the frontcourt. While standing in A' s frontcourt: (a) A2 or (b) B3 touches the ball and deflects it back to A' s backcourt. A2 recovers in the backcourt.

Ruling: In (a), it is a violation. The ball was in control of Team A, and a player from A was the last to touch the ball in frontcourt and a player of A was the first to touch it after it returned to the back court. In (b), legal play. A Team A player was not the last to touch the ball in the frontcourt. Team A is entitled to a new 10-second count.
Thanks BB. I called a boys game Tuesday for the school my wife coaches the girls at. Plus it was the big in town rivalry game, PLUS the boys JV coach for the other team coaches THEIR girls (fall ball). Two minutes into the game I had this situation, calmly called the violation and moved on while the coach (Wife's school) erupted. He has been giving her grief about the call (other then THAT he said I did a great job) So I wanted to give her some hard copy proof. It is all in good fun, but I love it when I am right. Probably because I don't win many arguments at home!