View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 03, 2011, 10:47pm
Official Forum Member

I'm okay with the officials not issuing T's with the action that preceded the flagrant. I just thought the Seton Hall player was off balance and held on to the ball. I didn't think he was continuing play and throwing the St. Johns player to the ground. Of course St. Johns probably didn't see it that way.

I also think the flagrant was a result of being frustrated and thinking the Seton Hall player was showing up their team with the attempt that the end. It's customary and good sportsmanship to not shoot the ball when you're up and the shot clock is off. There was no need for that last attempt but that does not excuse the foul.

BTW, I more than likely would have had a flagrant foul just for the action itself. I don't believe the St. Johns player stood over the player and stared him down. There was a good 3 feet between the player on the ground and the fouler.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.