View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 03, 2011, 10:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
1. Lavin got the first T and then leaned in and clearly said something unacceptable and immediately got a 2nd. Joe Lindsay was the official.

2. He was ticked due to the action of the held ball at the other end just prior. That could have been handled better. Tony Greene got between the players and held the St. John's guy back.
I thought a T on the Seton Hall player would have been a quality decision to calm down the tempers. The flagrant at the other end was a direct result imo.
Oh I believe the technical were warranted. I'm just saying from what I've seen watching NCAA games, it seems like it's pretty difficult to earn a second T. Case in point, when we discussed Coach K's first T and his subsequent actions afterward. It's clear that Lavin said the magic words and was appropriately dumped.

I believe your account of the end since I was not able to catch the game. It does certainly sound like that action that preceded the flagrant could of been handled better. Perhaps I'll be able to find a clip of the end later on tonight. From what you described, the flagrant foul call became that much easier to call.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.